Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vivid dreams and yelling or screaming.
landlizard posted:
In the last two months, My significant other reported to me that I have at least one screaming session during the night. The other night he said I yelled out, "Who's there, Who's behind me?".

I am on meds, such as a sedative that I take at night which gives me the vivid dreams (which don't bother me).

The screaming occurs just once a night and is mostly incoherent.

In the past, I have been known to sleep talk and once to sleep walk, but have never sleep screamed.

I do have chronic synusitis and snore (this is being addressed with my doctor).

butterflygarden responded:
Hey there, landlizard!

Have you seen the doctor yet? I have chronic pain and allergies, and sleep is an elusive thing for me. My doc said that one of the reasons I dream so much and yell out in my sleep is anxiety and just the lack of hitting that deep stage of sleep for long enough.

I don't sleep walk, but I definitely mumble and yell out. My dreams are often about running from something or about something bad happening. I wake up crying or feeling panicked. I often am conscious at some point that I am dreaming and try to wake myself up.

I definitely feel for you, and I hope you are getting some relief.

Butterfly

Helpful Tips

Narcolepsy and nutrition
Hi all, I am a narcoleptic and also I have sleep apnea. I recently joined a program called optifast to lose weight, it is a program that is ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center