Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Your Dream Bedroom
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
What does it look like? What does it have? Money is no object and let your imagination run wild.

butterflygarden responded:
My dream bedroom looks like it belongs in the breezy Caribbean.

The floors are lovely dark walnut with soft cotton rugs dashed around. The bed is a rice bed with mosquito netting hung like a canopy. Everything is lush shades of earthy greens and browns. And large windows and french doors open out onto nature.

There's a lovely ceiling fan whirring overhead.

The mattress is made of memory foam so I sink down into it with a smile.

There is no clutter and NO TV.

Heaven.

Butterfly

GGrandmaJan responded:
Oh Oh---I don't think you really want to know what I would want in my Dream Bedroom. Probably X-rated. LOL I think perhaps you need to ask Haylen. She wanted a pic of him. LOL.

Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard when I read the topic for today. Especially when you called it your "Dream" room. LOL

Thanks for the laugh.
Jan

SweetSusieB responded:
Ohhh I have my dream bedroom.
Lots of animal prints, very grown up. Big bed, mirror instead of a headboard, and my grandmothers vanity. It's all my style. Hardwood floors, animal print rug and lots of pillows on my bed.
Soft natural colors, warm.
Oh I could nap thinking about it.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to butterflygarden's response:
It sounds very inviting, Butterfly.

I especially like the overhead fan. ALWAYS love those.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
We're all ears, Jan!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to SweetSusieB's response:
I'm such a fan of hardwood floors too and look forward to one day having the money to change up my own bedroom.

Enjoy that nap, Susie!

dfromspencer responded:
My dream bedroom would have my dream girl in it. Unfortunately, she's married, so off limits! POOF! There went my dream bedroom.

Be well, all. Dennis

GGrandmaJan replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
LOL Caprice!!!

I like Dennis's statement only mine has my Fantasy Dr in it.. My current Lung Dr is a total Dream-Boat. He would fit nicely in my "Dream Bedroom" altho we are both married.

WaaLaa---Hence the "Fantasy and Dream" room!!!

Right now, I share my bedroom with 2 dogs, one cat and one husband. But I sleep good. LOL.

Thanks for asking.
Jan

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
LOL! I love that you and Dennis, Jan, are including the dream partner in your dream bedrooms! I never thought of that angle and am glad you brought it into the discussion.

And it sounds like your current set-up is more condusive to actual sleep...

knittingwitch responded:
My dream bedroom is a room with a lot of
windows and French doors, enough of a roof overhang that the bright sun doesn't come in but plenty of light does.

Furniture is minimal: a kingsize bed with my beloved SelectComfort mattress. Smooth Egyptian sateen sheets, a good quilt. Pillows that stay cool. A place for my books (sorry, I read in bed) and a good reading light. Tile floors I could put a small throw rug on in winter.

The rest of the expected bedroom furniture (dresser, highboy...) would be in the bathroom/dressing area. Which space must be just as light and airy as the bedroom, with a whirlpool tub that could fit half the Redskins (NOPE! just for me and my beloved). Lots of room for clothing and shoes, so they could stay organized.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to knittingwitch's response:
Ah, I love the idea of the french doors too, Knittingwitch, preferably opening up to a view of the ocean so I can hear it throughout the day/night.

Your bedroom sounds lovely.

And I gather you're a Redskins fan? What happened to their defense yesterday? Still, good to have a good QB and more this season.

leiaj64 responded:
If I could have anything I want for my bedroom, I would have:
A whole house alarm for every cause that had back ups and batteries. I could always know I was safe.
A muscle relaxing gentle massage before I went to sleep with soft hypnotic music that sang a song of self affirmations in some subtext. I wouldn't feel pain in any part of my body (a miracle) or some nice side effect free immediately effective pain killer.
A sound proof room with black out blinds and drapes. The room would be 40 degrees. The carpet would be thick and soft. My bed would be the cool type of memory foam. The "Cloud" stuff. I would like soft cotton sheets and a fluffy light weight warm comforter. I want one of those cool and super adjustable pillows (4 of them) . All my linens feel crisp and smell like sunshine and fresh, clean country air of my youth as I slide between the covers.
A soft white noise machine set so that I didn't hear it but at some level I do hear and it lulls me into boredom. I would remember to wear my bite block every night. I wouldn't need a phone in my bedroom.
The kitty and pup would sleep soundly or come and go without me knowing and be able to get her own food and water to her liking as well go potty.
If I did awake, the potty is very close and the floor is warm under my feet. I can easily find my robe and it feels warm. The toilet flushes automatically and silently. The basin water is perfectly warm immediately.

a machine could be touched to my head to quickly help me to go back to sleep into a dreamless, deeply relaxed state where I could solve all my needed problems or issues without systemic physical stress.
an automatic gradual lightening of the room by the lifting of blinds/drapes or artificial lighting so that I wake naturally. Soft music starts to play and the smell of freshly brewed coffee and then the smell of cinnamon raisin toast fills the air. Fresh clean air comes through an opened window with birds singing outside. The temperature is 70 degrees.
I could open my eyes to a quiet world where even the pets wake up slowly and in a good mood. I would know that I lived on a temperate island with a view of the ocean. All my bills were paid for the rest of my life. That would be quite a "rest of my life" or at least a new meaning of retirement. Maybe I am still sleeping.....ZZzzzzz

My alarm clock would be a gradual lightening of my room by artificial or lifting/drawing of the drapes. Soft music would play and the smell of my freshly brewing coffee and toasting cinnamon raisin bread.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to leiaj64's response:
Hi Leiaj,

You gave this a lot of thoughts and I love the details you provide. You created a picture of a safe, warm, place to sleep. I like the idea of the gradual lightening of your room to wake you up along with the nummy smells.

Helpful Tips

take meds at some time, don't eat after 7
I meant the longer reply posted a few minutes ago to to go to donnajune2000 More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center