Skip to content
Sleep disorders????
sleepysally2 posted:
I will start off by saying I am a morning person and I am awake at 630am Monday to Friday and on the go for most of the day in between work and school and I am often tired during the day. Normally the most tired around 3:00 and can easily fall asleep on the couch while watch tv or doing homework. It is very rare that I am up past 11 on most nights I am in bed by 10 and fall asleep with in a minute or 2 after hitting the pillow. Atleast once a week (sometimes more) my boyfriend will ask me if I remember sitting up during the middle of the night and talking to him. There has been other nights where I will get out of bed and do odd things like start folding clothes and then I wake up and realize I am not in my bed or I will not realize that I got up and the next day my boyfriend will ask me if I recall doing those types of things. There has also been times where I will ask him questions or appear frightened asking "who is that?", "what's over there" and he will tell me nothing is there and to go to sleep and I respond with okay yet the next morning I dont recall doing any of this. I do toss and turn quite a bit in my sleep due to just being uncomfortable. My boyfriend thinks that its possible that I never fully reach REM sleep and that is why I am tired a lot the next day. I looked online to see if I should get any help for this but everything I read said that as long as it is not disturbing myself or others then I shouldnt be concerned. Has anyone else had similar issues? What are your thoughts?? Should I get it checked out?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Sally,

I hope that others here who have talked or acted out in their sleep will be responding. And it never hurts to discuss your concerns with your doctor.

In the meantime, here is some information on sleep talking .

Helpful Tips

take meds at some time, don't eat after 7
I meant the longer reply posted a few minutes ago to to go to donnajune2000 More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center