Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Periodic Leg Movement Syndrome or something else?
    kswest69 posted:
    My legs really spasm at night. They dont do it while sitting in a chair or on the couch, only in bed. I dont have any crawlings or itchy sensations, only the very aggressive twitch. I will jerk my legs all the way up to my rump. It is now keeping my husband awake as well as I am always kicking him. I know my Iron levels are really low right now from a recent hysterectomy but I have been doing this for several months. It has only recently started keeping me awake. The only meds I take are Fluoxtetine. I do not drink caffeine and I do get adequate exercise.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Kswest,

As this is a relatively new symptom, be sure to discuss this with your doctor to start exploring what's going on.

In the meantime, click on the following link for information on Rest Legs Syndrome and Periodic Leg Movement Syndrome, though it sounds like you're already pretty aware of their symptoms:

Facts About Restless Legs Syndrome

Helpful Tips

soothing sounds
    I find that when im having trouble sleeping a sound machine helps me get to sleep More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center