Skip to content
Periodic Leg Movement Syndrome or something else?
kswest69 posted:
My legs really spasm at night. They dont do it while sitting in a chair or on the couch, only in bed. I dont have any crawlings or itchy sensations, only the very aggressive twitch. I will jerk my legs all the way up to my rump. It is now keeping my husband awake as well as I am always kicking him. I know my Iron levels are really low right now from a recent hysterectomy but I have been doing this for several months. It has only recently started keeping me awake. The only meds I take are Fluoxtetine. I do not drink caffeine and I do get adequate exercise.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Kswest,

As this is a relatively new symptom, be sure to discuss this with your doctor to start exploring what's going on.

In the meantime, click on the following link for information on Rest Legs Syndrome and Periodic Leg Movement Syndrome, though it sounds like you're already pretty aware of their symptoms:

Facts About Restless Legs Syndrome

Helpful Tips

Beware
Somnapure caused me to become jittery andcreated a hangover feeling next morning,instead of putting me to sleep it did just the opposite! ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center