Skip to content
sleep apnea and body hurts?
Tara43613 posted:
My doctor just called today to let me know I have sleep apnea and to order my machine she wants me on. I feel like I have something that falls in the back of my throat when I sleep and then I can't breath so I'm constantly waking up or snoring so loud. I have also noticed that my nody hurts, not my joints but my muscles, they all ache and hurt and I get this funny heart beat where it feels like my heart skips a beat and then tries like hell to catch up. I'm not sure if I should call my dr or wait till i get the machine to see if this will go away, if it's related to me not sleeping? not sure just wish I would feel better tired of being tired, tired of hurting, tired of being cranky and not having enough energy to do anything with my kids, just tired.....

Thanks,
Tara

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Tara,

Sleep deprivation can create all sorts of problems for us, including a heightened perception of pain. So it's possible that getting the apnea under control will help that.

Let us know how it goes and be patient with it all. It can take some trial and error to get it all sorted out to best serve you but it's well worth it.

Did you tell your doctor at the time of your sleep study that you experience all these things? Most of your symptoms are part of the sleep apnea (check out that link for a list). I hope you get the machine soon.

Helpful Tips

Suggestion of Nasal Pillow Masks
The best type of a CPAP mask to use is one which has nasal pillow instead of a mask which goes over the nose and above the upper lip. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center