Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
any advice very thankfully recieved
love2you posted:
Hello
I have always woken a few (2-3) times a night. Now I think I wake 30 times or more...only for a few secounds perhaps 10-20 enough to raise my head off the pillow then back to sleep. I am aware that I toss and turn and some times wake stiff from the awkward positions I find myself in...curled in ball at the very bottom edge of the bed or in some horrible contorted shape... I am usually in bed by 12.30 to 1 am and arise at 7.30 am...this morning I woke 11 times between 6.30 and 7.20. Help...I am well otherwise not overweight by anything more than a few pounds....feel like resorting to asking the doctor for sleeping tablets....I have no trouble in falling asleep,,,,many thanks for reading this xx

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Love2you,

I really encourage you to get a sleep study done to find out what's going on, whether sleep apnea is part of the picture or something else. I'm not an expert but I am aware that there are different kinds of medications to help with sleep, along with other treatments.

Let us know what they find out.

brainless responded:
get a sleep study done. that is very similar to what I went through. your body will be very restless through the night if you are not getting enough oxygen. I used to go to the extreme and put my fist through walls without realizing it. see a sleep doctor and see if they can tell you what was wrong. I ended up with a CPAP machine, and immediately my quality of sleep and violent outbursts stopped. please look into it

brainless replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I had to get a CPAP machine set to 19 (20 is the highest) to fix the problem I had which is really similar to what is being described. it takes some getting used too, but it works miracles, at least it has for me.

Helpful Tips

circadian rhythm disorders
Recommendation: do a search for Circadian Rhythm Disorder (CRD) as well as Delayed Sleep phase syndrome. The Wikipedia articles are very ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center