Skip to content
Sleep Apnea
lesizzie posted:
Hi, I'm back again after having had another sleep study done at the Hospital. They have discovered that I also have severe Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS). Strangely I have always had this from as far back as I can remember as I have always fidgeted in cinemas, theatre and so on and sometimes at night it has driven me mad!! I always thought it was becasue I have always been very active with sport and walking etc and just assumed it was because my muscles were tired. I am now waiting for an appointment with my consultant to find out the course of treatment. I understand it could be medication. I would welcome anyone's tips and advice on what I could do to help my RLS. I have given up caffeine and alcohol and it has actually helped the pins and needles in my feet and hands. I have also strated using Tiger Balm on my muscles which does relax them enough for me to get off to sleep. I;m not there yet though as I am still very fatigued during the day so I assume my RLS is keeping me just above my good sleep requirements. This is such a long process so if anyone has any good tips to help please do let me know.

Lesizzie x

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Lesizzie x,

It's good to hear your update and hope the sleep study results in approaches that will mean better sleep for you in the future.

While you're waiting here for suggestions from others, click on this link to get more information:

RLS Treatments

lesizzie replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Caprice,

Thank you so much for your response and there are some very good tips in the links, thank you.

I will keep you posted when I have seen the Consultant......

Lesizzie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to lesizzie's response:
You're welcome, Lesizzie.

Helpful Tips

i beat it 50 and i'm sleeping again
well here it is . go to the sporting goods store get a mouth protector, follow instructions, for fitting . now while the plastic is still ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center