Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is metoprolol (25 mg-2x) much worse than other beta-blockers with regard to insomnia?
farleycw posted:
Having trouble sleeping through the night - common problem with my senior friends. Get up at about 1 am and go potty but have trouble falling back to sleep. Sometimes I listen every hour to the clock chimes before getting up at 5 am.

Am 74, married, retired, good health, no snoring or sleep apnea, take lisinopril (10 mg-1x) and have some anxiety by nature. Don't recall having a problem when starting lopressor about two years ago but noticed later when switching to metoprolol (25 mg-2x). Noticed articles in the People's Pharmacy about metoprolol and this subject. My other heart med (lisinopril) and my wife's three heart med's don't have this problem per a Google search.

Anyone know of a good substitue for metoprolol?

Helpful Tips

circadian rhythm disorders
Recommendation: do a search for Circadian Rhythm Disorder (CRD) as well as Delayed Sleep phase syndrome. The Wikipedia articles are very ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center