Skip to content
why do i sleep all the time
jackie1967 posted:
why am i sleeping all day and going to bed about 9pm i can do this everyday, the worst time for me to get up is in the morning, i have had a full blood count, i dont have diabeties, thyroid is fine, liver, hormones everything was good. I suffer from bipolar and have done for over 20 years but am medicated. does anyone else suffer the same thing

butterflygarden responded:
Have you looked to see if the meds you're on for Bipolar Disorder might be making you more sleepy?

I'd definitely keep exploring it with your doctor.

Butterfly

NotSleepy responded:
Hi Jakie1967. I suffered from the same problem you have. After trying several things, unsuccessfully, my doctor scheduled a sleep study for me. During that overnight study it was discovered that I have Sleep Apnea. That's a disorder where people stop breathing in their sleep many times through the night. Their body wakes them up briefly every time to save their life. (I stopped breathing 232 times during the eight hour study). I was prescribed a CPAP machine (Continuous Positive Air Pressure) to keep my airway open. Now, instead of waking up exhausted, I wake up feeling REFRESHED and RESTED every morning. So why not consider asking your doctor (preferably a Neurologist) for a sleep study.

Helpful Tips

Suggestion of Nasal Pillow Masks
The best type of a CPAP mask to use is one which has nasal pillow instead of a mask which goes over the nose and above the upper lip. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center