Skip to content
body vibrations at night
ByteArt posted:
I understand the last posting relating to this was 4 years ago. My husband started telling me he felt the bed vibrating, and when he reached over to touch me he said I was the source. Many times I felt the bed vibrate, but never considered I was doing it until he said this to me. I've never heard of anyone else mentioning this so I went online and discovered this site. One woman mentioned Lyme disease, and another site mentioned fibromyalgia which I do suffer from. Does anyone have any advice and any experience with this phenomenon? Is there a caffeine connection or some medication connection? I'd appreciate some feedback on this. Thank you

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi ByteArt,

While you're waiting for responses here, I hope you'll also discuss getting a sleep study done with your doctor to ascertain what is going on.

An_249896 responded:
I've had the bed shaking and vibrating experiences too. Most recently, I sat up and turned on the light and it kept going but slowly stopped. That's when I started trying to find an answer, but the closest I've come is Sleep Paralysis... which is almost the opposite. But there seem to be other people experiencing it too.

1judyburch responded:
I think my "sleeping behavior" is much much worse than your vibrating but my sleep-dr, a pulmonologist, calls it restless leg syndrome. This is the one that occurs only when you are asleep so you are never really aware of it. I take a med and I think the last six weeks have been free of this It is a horrible thing and I cd not get a med person to take me seriously

Darli replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I have woken up twice in recent months feeling the bed vibrating. While earthquakes are rare in our area, there have been several mild quakes recently and I thought that was what I was feeling.
The second time I was sleeping alone and came fully awake and sat up in bed while the vibrating continued for a few more seconds.

Helpful Tips

take meds at some time, don't eat after 7
I meant the longer reply posted a few minutes ago to to go to donnajune2000 More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center