Skip to content
Oversleeping More Often Than Not
An_249194 posted:
Since as kid, I've always overslept often and i can sleep through the afternoon with ease. I was diagnosed with anxiety and currently on Celexa.

I did take a sleep study recently and the doc said I had few pauses in breathing (very mild) . I did not think it was necessary to wear machines while a sleep since it was very mild.

I was curious to know what my problem can be and if there were any remedies for this. I really need this fixed or I feel like my just wasting my life way.

Matty81 responded:
I had exactly the same combination of symptoms when I was in my teens and through my twenties, it has begun gradually subsiding now im in my thirties and trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I did try a CPAP in my teens but could not adapt to it.

Hopefully some others here will be able to shed some more light on all this because I am as interested as you are in finding a better solution.

Helpful Tips

Insomnia
I have had insomnia for about a year. Giving up dairy products has helped immensely. Not only has the gas problem been relieved but also ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center