Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
CPAP alternative
jwoot posted:
I have (had) obstructive sleep apnea. Found myself sleepy all the time, even in the morning, and my wife complained about the snoring. A sleep study confirmed OSA, and then I was told the solution was CPAP. I tried CPAP and while it did solve the OSA, I was miserable sleeping with it. So I looked into alternatives. I just completed 2 minor surgical procedures with Dr. Michael Friedman in Chicago. They were no big deal. What a difference. I'm not tired during the day. It's been life changing. And my last sleep study came back clean: no apneas! Now I know every case is different but...for at least some of us, there is an alternative to CPAP.

guscord responded:
I have just been diagnosed with sleep apnea based upon a sleep study. The study confired that I have OSA. My doctor is pprescribing CPAP. I have yet to receive the CPAP, so time will tell if I can get used to it. In reading your post, you state that you had two minor surgical procedures. can you describe them for me? My doctor did not recommend surgery because he said they are very painful, and lasts for weeks. Sure would like to hear your thoughts on this.

mossyann responded:
what procedures did you have done?

Helpful Tips

take meds at some time, don't eat after 7
I meant the longer reply posted a few minutes ago to to go to donnajune2000 More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center