Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I Need Help trying to fall asleep
pacing24 posted:
This is my lst time on here i decided to see what other people are doing to help them sleep. First i will say i'm a Diabetic Type 1 with 5 shots of insulin a day using 2 diff. types and 2 weeks ago my md ran a test and found that i was allergic to insulin, only about 1% have this. He discussed with another MD and the plan is to use mass dosage of insulin (its like he said taking allergy shots to get immuned.) hard to understand. anyway when i gave myself the large dose i started itching and feeling strange and numb so i will be going back to dr. tomorrow about that. I have been having days without sleep the reason i believe i know is the pain i'm having from my neuropathy that i have in both legs bad plus i have 2 bulging discs and restless leg syndrome . i have all kinds of meds but they' arent working at all. people are even telling me to try wine at night i don't drink but i'm about to try that. so i'm still up since sat. at 6p, i took my heart pill and no other meds that i usually take i havent slept yet but my legs didn't go "crazy" on me either so i decided to read up on sleep disorders on here. i know alot of folks have sleep problems with no pain but i also know theres alot of us out there no we don't sleep cause of pain, but when pain meds dont help what are we to do? i know that pain meds does not help "nerve pain" i've been told.

i did work in nursing for 30 yrs mostly on night shift so now i find myself still on that shift even though i stopped working 6 yrs ago. i do sleep with a fan on for noise, tv and radio off..

thanks to all and hope everyone can get some good sleep this year.

Helpful Tips

circadian rhythm disorders
Recommendation: do a search for Circadian Rhythm Disorder (CRD) as well as Delayed Sleep phase syndrome. The Wikipedia articles are very ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center