Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Joint pain/aches an hour or two after starting sleep only
An_249798 posted:
I'm not sure where to put this, yet it seems like this is the best place. I have insomnia that occurs sporadically over the past two years that last months at a time. It is because of joint pain that starts only after going to sleep for about an hour.

I am an activer person (actually a triathlete), I eat healthily, and try to sleet the same time every night. Exercising time doesn't interact with this, as I have tried both morning and night once this starts.

It feels like what most portray an "arthritis" type ache, mild but annoying pain in EVERY joint simultaneously (elbows, shoulders, hands, hips, knees, ankels). Sometimes I can "push through it" and it will eventually go away, letting me sleep. The majority of the time I give up, and do some mind numbing activity for hours just to be able sleep 30 minutes before I have to get up. Then no problems throughout the day, only to come back the next night.

It is hard to pin down "causes" as I have had this while on resting phases of training, when stressed, when having "care free" times, when summer, when winter, when in my bed, when using different beds. Then it goes away, and I don't notice it again for months...

Any Ideas/ suggesting? Doctors just look at me weird and tell me to go to a sleep group when I try to explain this. Cheers, thanks for any help!

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis App
Hello! Found this App about hypnosis. Maybe this can help someone. There are different kinds of hypnosis programs: • Removing Blockades ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center