Skip to content
10 Hours of sleep - not hypersomnia
thepopoman posted:
I need 10 hours of sleep at least as far back as 1977 when an event happened which I perceived indicated a bad future.

I went to Providence Hospital in Seattle up capital hill (where the Swedish hospital is now).

Anyway I was checked out and diagnosed and the doctor (Pasqually) said that some people "constitutionally" need 10 hours of sleep. But I never found out what brain wave patterns (they put the neuro headset on my head with several receptor pads to detect brain wave patterns in several areas of my brain) would look like that determine someone "constitutionally" needs 10 hours of sleep.

My last visit was a bit quick since I was late but the final diagnosis was that I was normal, so their best guess was that my Depression was the cause.

Anyway I have suffered with Insomnia, Depression and needing 10 hours of sleep for years and fixing the 10 hours of sleep to be 8 would significantly make my life manageable and lower my Depression and give me enough time to have a decent life. This problem with the Insomnia and Depression has severely muted my life. Also I have some undiagnosed hyper sensitive stomach that prevents me from using anti-depressants like SSRI's and other types of antidepressants as well.

I'll try to see options in this blog but if anybody has any thoughts or direction for treatment or analysis please let me know.

Thanks.

I read about Hypersomnia and it doesn't sound like my problem since if I get 10 hours I may feel fatigued to a degree still but not nearly as bad as if I didn't get the 10 hours.

I don't remember the problem until community college in 1977.

Thanks again for any insights.

Dave

Helpful Tips

Suggestion of Nasal Pillow Masks
The best type of a CPAP mask to use is one which has nasal pillow instead of a mask which goes over the nose and above the upper lip. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center