Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blackout while driving?
jeccard posted:
The other day I was driving like I normally do. Going to the college same route everyday. For about 30 seconds it appeared I...dont know what happened in that time frame. I think I might of blacked out. But the weirdest thing was that my brain was still functioning and I could still control the car. Last thing I remembered was me making a curve. I know the difference between daydreaming and I wasn't daydreaming at all. I'm 20 years old.[br>[br>What happened? Should I be concerned?

MA64NANA responded:
That started happening to me too. I ended up having a MRI done and they found a problem with my left temporal lobe that is causing these short "seizures" where I black out.

I was put on tegretol for several years. Now I have been switched to neurontin which seems to be working pretty good.

I don't "lose time" like I had been previous.

Hope this helps.

Helpful Tips

Narcolepsy and nutrition
Hi all, I am a narcoleptic and also I have sleep apnea. I recently joined a program called optifast to lose weight, it is a program that is ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center