Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Side effects when starting Cpap
Nancy60ir posted:
I just started cpap and have 3 different types of apnea, Central, Obstructive, and Chenay Stokes disorder. ( Not sure I spelled that right) I have been dizzy, lightheaded,headache, and can't seem to get eenough sleep. I am sleeping with my cpap Day and Night. I was in bed 95% of the time before cpap. I believe it is severe. Is this normal?

MA64NANA responded:
I really think that we have been starved for air and for sleep for so long that it takes time for us to "catch" up. lol. I really enjoy sleeping now, yes, many times I will now fall asleep during the day (with my CPAP), then be able to still fall asleep at night. It will probably ease up after awhile. I am in bed almost all the time due to problems with my back and other physical conditions. At least now I actually wake up refreshed and alert most of the time. I love my CPAP, i have just had issues with adjusting the mask, so that it won't "burp" or too tight and leaving marks on my face......and getting the right size for my face. Now, I am down to a size small. I am in my late 60's and 250 pounds, but guess, I just have a small face. lol.

Helpful Tips

Restless Legs Syndrome
Anyone suffering from RLS or PLMD should research EXCITOTOXINS. Those are additives that some food companies put into foods, such as MSG, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center