Skip to content
Screaming and talking while sleeping
1IDArmyVeteran posted:
I got out of the Army in early 2009. Up until the end of 2012, I have remained single, and typically slept alone. Lately, my fiancee keeps waking me up while I am sleeping. She says that I am either talking in my sleep, in such a manner that it is very long sentences or speeches, but that it is so mumbled she can't understand but only a few words. However, recently, I have been screaming, So loud that, even if I fall asleep in the living room, it wakes her up in our bedroom. When I asked her what I was screaming for, she says it is unintelligible, but it sounds as if I am very terrified or scared, which scares her.

I did serve in OEF and I have seen some things and done some things, and I am wondering if it is related. The last time she woke me up saying I was screaming, upon waking up, I felt very terrified, but I didn't know of what or why. My body was tense, I was very cold, and I felt like I was out of place, or that I should of woken up somewhere else, or at least I was expecting to but don't know where.

I also use to suffer sleep paralysis very often, but has since not been a problem.

Has any one else suffered this? My sleep is horribly degraded, I hate to sleep now, and it's causing trouble in my relationship because my fiancee gets mad I don't go to sleep with her.

Should I do a sleep study?

Helpful Tips

Narcolepsy and nutrition
Hi all, I am a narcoleptic and also I have sleep apnea. I recently joined a program called optifast to lose weight, it is a program that is ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center