Skip to content
Antidepressants Messing With Sleep
Anon_71537 posted:
I will try to make this as brief as possible.

About a year and a half ago I was diagnosed with ADHD. I also have some OCD tendencies. Not really counting, but more in terms of obsessing about ideas or thoughts. For about a year now I have been taking Adderall. I have always had sleep issues. Once I got to sleep I would sleep great, but it was always hard to just fall asleep. It;s like my brain doesn't want to shut down.

I have tried Trazodone, Zoloft, and just this week Anafranil. None of them seem powerful to shut my brain down. They have all had a similar side effect also. When I do get to sleep they periodically make me wake up throughout the night, thus they are actually making sleep worse. Do I give them more time? I don't know how long I could give them since they are messing my sleep up and making me tired during the day. Is there any other OCD type med that won't mess up my sleep?

Summary
Trazodone, Zoloft, and Anafranil have made me periodically wake up at night, thus making sleep worse. I'm not sure what to do. Anybody with similar problems or experiences that could help would be greatly appreciated.

Helpful Tips

take meds at some time, don't eat after 7
I meant the longer reply posted a few minutes ago to to go to donnajune2000 More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center