Skip to content
Sleep Problems
chiefronh posted:
I do not sleep well at all. Even though I may be tired, I do not get sleepy until 0130 - 0330. I wake and get up 3-5 times a night and have to try to fall asleep in a different position each time. If I happen to awake on my side I am numb in that area. I snore, cant stand anything across my face, legs feel sensitive on the outside (hip to knee) if I put pressure on them, which causes some random movement, and usually wake up as tired as I went to bed. I usually get up between 0700-0830. I usually fall asleep during the evening new for 10-45 minutes. During the day for the past 2 weeks I have had an uncontrollable urge to fall asleep at any given point during the day. In the last 2 days I have fallen asleep for a few seconds while stopped at a traffic light, awaken with the traffic in front of me already gone. I am 6'-1" and 260 lbs (which has not changed) but try to stay active walking my dog for 1-2 hours a day, along with any yard work and such around the house. My primary concern is my sudden falling asleep (especially while I am driving). Can someone offer me some educated advise?

Helpful Tips

Insomnia
I have had insomnia for about a year. Giving up dairy products has helped immensely. Not only has the gas problem been relieved but also ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center