Skip to content
Narcolepsy Support, Southern Oregon
MWVail posted:
Last fall I went through sleep sets for severe apnea. After several months my level of fatigue, daytime sleepiness and overall lack of alertness continued. Now sleep patterns vary and mornings are overwhelming. I take provigil each morning but it seems to not kick in until late morning / early afternoon. It's certainly been a long journey so far - unlearning old life laws and learning new ones. And forget actually watching a movie. As a pastor in a small Southern Oregon town, I am able to find ways to compensate and have the benefit of a community that looks out for me. However, like other disabilities, people unfamiliar don't often grasp the struggle one experiences. This is true even in a small town where Everyone knows everyone else. I've been blessed to discover another pastor in a nearby town with narcolepsy as well. Additionally, The church I pastor helps with counseling. My Dr. Expressed excitement because many don't have access to this type of support. He suggested reaching out to others in Southern Oregon who may be dealing with narcolepsy or other sleep disorders. So, if I can be of help or a source of encouragement, please let me know. Blessings!

lcnania responded:
would love to have your contact info for my daughter who was just diagnosed with narcolepsy. she is in Portland and we are very far away in Connecticut. we can't seem to find a support group for her and hope you could help.

tiredofbeingsotired replied to lcnania's response:
I just found this forum. I live in Portland and would be glad to connect with your daughter. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy when I was 18, and I also have sleep apnea. I am looking for a dr. here as I just moved to OR.

Helpful Tips

i beat it 50 and i'm sleeping again
well here it is . go to the sporting goods store get a mouth protector, follow instructions, for fitting . now while the plastic is still ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center