Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Change in Behavior
An_251346 posted:
Hello:

lately, my mood has drastically changed. I work in a hotel and my position is very stressful. I'm a manager and I have a lot on my plate usually. About a month and half ago I started to work two night audit shifts a wk. I go in at 11pm and get off at 7am. I've never worked the over night shift before. Since, I have got on this shift things in my personality have changed. I wake up angry now almost ever morning. I'm being very rude, snotty, short. I have been short with my family and my fiance latey. She has even noticed a chage in me. I not sure if it a lack of sleep cuase I wrk to over night shift and then 3 regualr shifts a week but I feel like I'm losing my mind. I feel stressed and upset all the time. I've always been told by ppl I'm a little high strung but now it's really bad. I talk really really fast sometime. I get really worked up about stuff that I should be getting that upset about. I need advice. Also, due to my strange shift in behavior I took a test online. My fiance was diagnosed bipolar 2 years ago. What scares me is some of the things that I'm feeling right now she says that's exactly how she felt. Am I bipolar or would lack of sleep cause these symptoms?
Thank you for any advice
Jami

Helpful Tips

Narcolepsy and nutrition
Hi all, I am a narcoleptic and also I have sleep apnea. I recently joined a program called optifast to lose weight, it is a program that is ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center