Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sexual dreams
An_251658 posted:
About 6 months ago I was put on androgel for low T within acouple of weeks my energy level has gone up along with my libido, my wife and I ware having sex 3 to 4 times a week now, we are both in our sixties and are still very active and in pretty good shape the problem is since I have been on androgel I have been having vivid sexual dreams of my wife with someone we know casually it takes place in our living room, or in his car the sex they are having is wild they are doing everything you can think of, I am also in the room or outside of the car they know I am there but do not care when I wake up from these dreams it is usually 2 or 3 oclock in the morning , I wake up with an erection and can not go back to sleep on the days I have these dreams we have sex sometime during the day because that's all I can think about we have talked about it and she seems to think its the androgel, I have an appointment with my Dr in a couple of weeks, also on the nights I have these dreams by 8 or 9 oclock in the PM I am exhausted and will sleep for ten hours. ANY OPINION

synykal responded:
Whenever a middle aged male starts HRT, the level must have been down for quite sometime, unless you are in the habit of checking your T level from back in your twenties (very unlikely).
Therefore, the most important aspect of HRT is not a standardized approach, the average is very generic and every person responds differently (and the interval of "normalcy" is quite wide.
I suspect that there must NOT have been a follow up on your testosterone level after initiating the treatment, and IF so, the level could be slightly high for your specific physiology.
You have hormonally regressed back to your teen years, where libido goes from hardly any in childhood, to an uncontrollable urge in teenage hood.
I have been around T all my life and have taken amounts between 100 to 3000mgs/week (Yes 3K - used to be a competitive lifter for 20 yrs.).
Presently I am on HST (100 mgs T. Enanthate sub Q, once/week), 53 years old, but it took me near a year after cessation to determine this dosage.
My recommendation is play around with the dosage (downw naturally) and each time you do so, give yourself a couple of weeks before determining your response.
Hope that helps.
Regards

Helpful Tips

free sampler of somnapure
I ordered this, Then discovered the auto order, of which I did not want to happen So I called (PeekLife.com) them to confirm that I didn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center