Skip to content
Kicking and hitting during sleep
Malamaaina posted:
My boyfriend and I moved in together several months ago. He started complaining right away that I crowd him off the bed when sleeping. Apparently I keep scooting closer and closer to him until he is left with only a foot or so of bed space. Recently he has informed me that I have started kicking and hitting at him in my sleep. I also try to (incoherently) talk to him when he gets up to use the bathroom. I have no memory of any of these things. I do not have trouble falling asleep, I don't remember waking up at any point during the night and I feel refreshed and ready for the next day in the mornings. He does not however, he is getting less and less sleep due to my thrashing and crowding. Please help me come up with solutions to this problem so my boyfriend can sleep comfortably again at night.

Take the Poll

Solutions or treatment for thrashing and crowding my partner during sleep.
  • See a doctor (I don't currently have medical insurance)
  • Practice different pre-sleep exercises (diet, physical exercise..
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

Insomnia
I have had insomnia for about a year. Giving up dairy products has helped immensely. Not only has the gas problem been relieved but also ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center