Skip to content
cpap failure or me
L2fsh posted:
I have a cpap machine and have used it for eight years now. The last three days has seen a dramatic change in my sleeping...I am waking up ripping the mask off as I struggle for a breath. The frequency has increased and I am now afraid to fall asleep because I know whats going to happen. These episodes have been very scary. I had Hip surgery last week and am forced to sleep in my recliner for a little while as the bed is hard to get into...also, I am forced to sleep on my back, could this be the real problem, or is it time to revist the clinic for a new study? Anyone have experince with this, have you been through it, what did you do? I asked my hip surgeon and he said it might be the meds...funny thing I didn't take any pain pills and the only thing I take that is different is the comulin (blood thinner), can it cause sleep apena problems? Thanks in advance for ll replies.

Helpful Tips

Suggestion of Nasal Pillow Masks
The best type of a CPAP mask to use is one which has nasal pillow instead of a mask which goes over the nose and above the upper lip. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center