Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
need help falling asleep doing everything
An_251847 posted:
I am really scared at this point. For about a year now, i have been falling asleep during activities. Really it doesnt matter what im doing, i get this weird feeling, and all of a sudden im praying that i stay awake, im having dreams and waking up driving. I have a 2, 3, and 12 yr old. I have been falling asleep while driving with them in the car. Its horrifying, i was driving home last week and i started having this dream that i was going crash into my garage, i woke up suddenly and i was in the driveway, it was 130am my kids were in the back seat, and i was driving home from work around 12. This happens in the day time, i was at work driving the company car and started to fall asleep, i prayed and cried and tried to fight these bouts as i drove to work and it was uncontrollable, i was having dreams while driving, i was in a meeting at work a one on one, and falling asleep while talking to my boss!!! I feel like im going to kill myself driving one day, im embarrassed to tell anyone .....im really scared...everyday...ima single mom..i dont want to hurt to my kids but i have to do everything alone my self. I do get about 8 hours of sleep every night, on my days off i try to get even more, but it doesnt help. ....I have a doctors appointment next Tuesday.. any ideas on what this might be? Or whaT I CAN DO TO STAY AWAKE?

An_251847 responded:
Gosh maybe i should get on a different site and ask a doctor...idk

cwille replied to An_251847's response:
you really need to see a doctor, i can only tell you that i had problems falling asleep , found out i had sleep apnea, i am now on a bipap machine, it made a world of difference, i slept better and didn't feel like falling asleep while driving, i also saw a sleep psychologist recently who worked with me on falling asleep, it has to do with going to sleep at a certain time and waking up at a certain time everyday, it's actually more detail but that is the main thing,i truly hope you get this figured out ,i will be praying for you. It's not fun i know good luck

cwille

Alexmus responded:
Hey , you guys should to take a look at this[a name="OLE_LINK5"> [a name="OLE_LINK3"> [a name="OLE_LINK2">http://bit.ly/160BmoJ , this is a program from Dr Andrew Stevens , Many people have tried this and this help me to get back my sleep in 2 weeks, They said it's good for baby too , just a little note that you should try at least 3 days for the best result

Helpful Tips

Narcolepsy and nutrition
Hi all, I am a narcoleptic and also I have sleep apnea. I recently joined a program called optifast to lose weight, it is a program that is ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 22 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center