Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update from a psychologist
Paul_K_Fauteck posted:
Since my last comments about the FWS here I've continued to use it with greater or less frequency depending on my mood, energy level, and sleep pattern. Recently I was happy to give a good report to the FDA of my experience with the device.

I have never been aware of any adverse effects from using the FWS. On the higher #2 setting I'm certainly aware of a prickly feeling at the points of contact, but nothing that I would call painful.

Something that's happened that I didn't expect is that I have very little trouble going to sleep and staying asleep at night. It had been years since I didn't need at least something like melatonin or a glass of wine. I can't say that's 100% due to my use of the FWS, but I believe it has contributed substantially.

As for insurance companies, I'm sorry to say there is often a decided lack of logic in their decisions. My wife's plan sent her a message urging her to get shingles vaccine, but then she learned that the same plan doesn't cover it. If a psychologist calls a problem an adjustment disorder, insurance probably won't cover it, but call it PTSD and it probably will. In any event, I believe the FWS is well worth the cost.

To repeat what I've said before, my favorable comments have been voluntary and I've never received nor would I accept any form of consideration from the company for my endorsement.

Paul Karsten Fauteck, Psy,D., DABPS

Helpful Tips

SOLVED....! Gasping for air, hiatus hernia, Belching and Anxiety
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center