Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sleep trouble
heidimargaret posted:
I am 40 year old female. For about three years now I wake up at night feeling like my body has forgotten how to function. This only seems to happen right when I fall into the deep sleep or right after I have fallen asleep. Sometimes I feel like I forgot to breath, sometimes my whole head and chest feel numb, sometimes I feel like I'm going to die. I am to the point where I am sometimes scared to go to sleep. My Dr. thinks it's from sleep panic attacks and has put me on a low dose of xanax prior to bed. I have had to get up and take another dose many times. I feel like it is something else but it is really hard to describe the feeling I have when I wake. And, it isn't always the same. I have had lots of blood work, stress test, and sleep study. Of course my symptoms didn't show up with the sleep study and I didn't feel the symptoms that night. My Dr. told me to keep track of when the symptoms are more frequent as they don't happen all the time. It does seem to be worse when I get closer to my menstrual cycle. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am so tired during the day because I don't think I ever get the deep sleep.

Helpful Tips

take meds at some time, don't eat after 7
I meant the longer reply posted a few minutes ago to to go to donnajune2000 More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center