Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Extreme Violence Upon Awakening
guitargirl posted:
My boyfriend has a very odd issue that has happened twice now and I can't seem to find a name for it through searching online.

Both times I came to stay over at his house in the middle of the night after getting off a late shift at work. The hall light was on. I lightly tapped on the door to see if he was awake, and then proceeded to open the door. Immediately, he jumps up from his bed, grabs a pillow, and charges at me swinging the pillow as a weapon. This most recently happened last night, where he even yelled and chased me out into the living room. The light was on and I could see that his whole body was pale (he wasn't wearing a shirt) and his eyes seemed to be black, pupils probably fully dilated. As soon as he made it into the light and really looked at me, he stopped, and I could see the color come back to his face/body. He sat down and asked what just happened. He asked if he had hit me with the pillow at all, and didn't remember yelling. He was confused about how he had gotten all the way to the living room because he didn't remember getting up or leaving his bedroom.

Both of us are really confused by this and worried that one day he may pick up something other than a pillow and seriously hurt me, especially because of his strength and large stature. I want to say this is some kind of extension of sleepwalking, but I think it's something different because it only occurs upon being awoken. It sounds a bit like a horror/monster movie but it seems like my boyfriend is trying to kill me in his sleep... so any information would be verrry greatly appreciated.

Helpful Tips

Narcolepsy and nutrition
Hi all, I am a narcoleptic and also I have sleep apnea. I recently joined a program called optifast to lose weight, it is a program that is ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center