Skip to content
Cant Fall Asleep Can't Wake Up. Sleep Too Deep. Alarm clocks don't work.
CANTFALL_ASLEEP_and_CANTWAKEUP posted:
Every single night I have the hardest time falling asleep. I normally don't go to bed until 1:00 - 3:00am and I need to be up around 7:00am. I set at least 5 "(not even a joke) loud and obnoxious alarms. I sleep through all of them no matter what!!!! I sleep threw anything and everything. People and noise cannot wake me up without great persistence. When I finally get out of bed, I jump straight in the shower and rush to work. I'm often late. "If i'm left to sleep with out an alarm I sleep from 10-20 hours.... if it's a day off of work it averages 20 hours." II work 5 days a week 8:30am- 5:00 - 7pm) 50 hours average. Yet I cannot for the life of me GET TO SLEEP.... OMG.... I've been living with this for years. I never right on forums but you described me to a t. It's 2:15am and I have to be up for work at 7:00. I'll be up til 2 or 3am. I cannot wake up to alarm clocks. I too have been setting 5 alarm clocks every 15-20 minutes at full blast and snoozing them all for at least an hour. I need someone in my life that can wake me up everyday and I've been so lucky so far. I have a VERY tolerant girlfriend. I have never researched this and have been just accepting it because I am able to function and I have a very flexible job but it's been killing me lately. It's only getting worse!!!! PLEASE HELP... Does anyone know what causes this and what you can do to fix it???? My sister has the same exact problem too. She's a high school teacher, owned a hair salon at the same time and finished her masters at 38 years old, while raising 2 kids. She stays up for 20 - 30 hours and sleeps for 16 - 24 hours straight!!!! The only thing I've found that helps has just recently become legal in MA and I don't think I'd get a MMC for this..... Now what???????????????and this cycle has been going on since I was a child. Any advice folks?

Take the Poll

Who else has this problem
  • a) can't fall asleep
  • b) can't wake up to alarm clocks or anything.... ZOMBIE!!!
  • c) tired but still don't want to go to bed
  • d) Will sleep for 20 - 24 hours on days off
  • e) all of the above
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

take meds at some time, don't eat after 7
I meant the longer reply posted a few minutes ago to to go to donnajune2000 More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center