Skip to content
Insomnia to sleep addiction
Hphillips5512 posted:
I have dealt with a few mental issues for most of my life. Depression, ADD, OCD, Insomnia and here lately I feel like I am addicted to sleeping. I have always suffered with insomnia since I was a little girl. I can not shut my brain off...ever. I have taken Ambien for the past 10 years. It works great. About six months ago I changed jobs. I am a paralegal working from home. I find that I enjoy working at night while my family is asleep. I listen to the tv or radio. In the morning once the kids are on the bus I take my Ambien and go to bed. This would give me 8 hours of sleep before the kids come home, but in the last 2 hours of sleep I begin to dream. My dreams are so realistic its as though I am watching a movie. By the time it time to wake up I feel exhausted like Ive stayed up all day watching tv, not sleeping. So I lay there and fall asleep again, and then start dreaming again. and this repeats its self until I drag myself out of bed to cook dinner and start my "day" .
I can not shut my brain off at night to fall asleep and I can not shut my brain off during the day so I wont dream and I can sleep and wake up rested. What do I do? I feel like all I want to do it sleep.

Helpful Tips

Shift work sleep habits
I've been doing the same rotation for over 20 years and occasionaly have difficultly making the night today transitions. I keep my bedroom ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center