Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
swelling with CPAP?
shar_pei posted:
I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea 10 years ago. Used the cap nose pillows for 3 days and woke up looking like a shar-pei. Never figured out why so tried it again a few months later. Same result so I had the uppp surgery. Some improvement but now apnea is worse than ever. Dont have the surgery!! Its horrible and now theyve decided its not all that effective. Anyway just did more sleep studies, apnea is worse and after a week on cpap with humidifier and oxygen I had severely swollen face hands and feet. Still dont know why. Stopped using it because throat was swelling too. Not a cute shar-pei anymore, now look like a bad syfy monster. Anyone else have this problem, or better yet a solution???

tenac43 responded:
It soundl like to me you may have an allergy to some part of the mask or tubing? You might want to check into that and find out if there are other options available?? IDK just a suggestion

Helpful Tips

SOLVED....! Gasping for air, hiatus hernia, Belching and Anxiety
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center