Skip to content
Unable to stay ona sleep schedule
janng1962 posted:
I am unable to stay on a sleep schedule, I can sleep normally for a few weeks then eventually something disrupts it, insomnia, soemthing going on at the house and the list goes on. . I take two months to recycle through the daytime sleep to get back to night time sleep. I do have sleep since 2001 and actively using my cpap. This was going on long before I had a sleep apnea. I been treated over time in different ways nothing seems to stick. I am 51 years old and I use to be able to deal with this but not any more. I recently taken Lamictal to get to sleep and that was a bust they switched me on Risperdal and while it worked it caused some side effects that were not healthy to me. me want to kill myself. No I am not bi polar.. This is the one area I cannot seem to find normalcy in is sleep. I am unsure where and what to do..can't take Ambien causes me to sleep walk and the last time I did that I took all my pills while sleeping.

RodCarty responded:
There are many variations in the way a sleep disorder can cause a person to become out of sync with a regular 24 hour sleep cycle. Mine was a relatively mild 25 hour cycle, so I would be out of sync one hour later every day. Others I have recently read about would go as long as 3 days before they would sleep, and then they would sleep 12 to 18 hours. Of course all of these cases disrupt one's ability to keep a regular job with shorting themselves even further on sleep.

I have have a sleep disorder for 20 years now, and all of the things I did to manage it at best helped slow down the progression of the disorder. What I finally found to provide real help is glutathione. It is a health supplement, not a prescription drug. It is intended to promote healthy cell activity, but in many cases it also helped promote better sleep. This is why a friend suggested it to me, not because it was known to help alleviate sleep disorders, but merely to help promote sleep in otherwise healthy people. I was desperate enough to try it, and after only a few days I could tell that my sleep was deeper and longer. It will take awhile I expect for my body to recover from 20 years of sleep deprivation but after 6 months of taking the pills every day I know I am finally on my way to recovery.

Helpful Tips

i beat it 50 and i'm sleeping again
well here it is . go to the sporting goods store get a mouth protector, follow instructions, for fitting . now while the plastic is still ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center