Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What Is Wrong With Me??
nikki051376 posted:
I have had sleeping issues that have gone on for almost 6 months now. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression issues; therefore, it takes my mind hours to shut off so that I can relax and go to sleep, even after taking my anxiety medications (Celexa and Ativan). I also work graveyard shift, 7pm to 7am, three days a week which is also a contributing factor to my sleep issues, and I am a full time student in college. When I finally fall asleep, it seems like I can't wake up. I fall into such deep sleeps that I have very weird and random dreams. There have been several occasions that a friend or family member will call me while I'm asleep and I answer and we have 5-10 minute conversations. I don't remember ever waking up, answering the phone, or what we talked about or that I even talked to them. My grandmother will wake me up when I stay with her and we have conversations that I don't remember anything about. My boyfriend who stays with me a lot says that I "act out my dreams." I talk all night long in my sleep, usually weird stuff you would never imagine. I move, hit, kick, etc. I will sit up in the bed or on the side of the bed for hours while asleep and talk. I have found my self sitting up like this several times when waking up, wondering how long I have been sitting up like that. I will wake up with my head at the foot board and feet at the head board all the time. How can I be in such a deep sleep, but yet act like wild indian in my sleep??? Then when I do wake up my mind doesn't want to. I feel like my mind is in another world when I sleep and it wont let me wake up until its ready. It's like I wake up confused and in a haze, making my reaction and thinking times are slower. I can't concentrate on anything. I feel just as tired as I did before I slept. But after an hour or two, I feel like I could run a marathon. Should I have a sleep study done to find out why my mind never shuts off in my sleep, and why it is so hard for me to wake up out of it?

Helpful Tips

SOLVED....! Gasping for air, hiatus hernia, Belching and Anxiety
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center