What Is Wrong With Me??
nikki051376 posted:
I have had sleeping issues that have gone on for almost 6 months now. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression issues; therefore, it takes my mind hours to shut off so that I can relax and go to sleep, even after taking my anxiety medications (Celexa and Ativan). I also work graveyard shift, 7pm to 7am, three days a week which is also a contributing factor to my sleep issues, and I am a full time student in college. When I finally fall asleep, it seems like I can't wake up. I fall into such deep sleeps that I have very weird and random dreams. There have been several occasions that a friend or family member will call me while I'm asleep and I answer and we have 5-10 minute conversations. I don't remember ever waking up, answering the phone, or what we talked about or that I even talked to them. My grandmother will wake me up when I stay with her and we have conversations that I don't remember anything about. My boyfriend who stays with me a lot says that I "act out my dreams." I talk all night long in my sleep, usually weird stuff you would never imagine. I move, hit, kick, etc. I will sit up in the bed or on the side of the bed for hours while asleep and talk. I have found my self sitting up like this several times when waking up, wondering how long I have been sitting up like that. I will wake up with my head at the foot board and feet at the head board all the time. How can I be in such a deep sleep, but yet act like wild indian in my sleep??? Then when I do wake up my mind doesn't want to. I feel like my mind is in another world when I sleep and it wont let me wake up until its ready. It's like I wake up confused and in a haze, making my reaction and thinking times are slower. I can't concentrate on anything. I feel just as tired as I did before I slept. But after an hour or two, I feel like I could run a marathon. Should I have a sleep study done to find out why my mind never shuts off in my sleep, and why it is so hard for me to wake up out of it?