Skip to content
Too much meds?
shortstop88 posted:
I've been having sleeping problems for a while. Turned out that I have sleep apnea and am now using CPAP.

I've also have other medical issues too, so among medications dealing with them, I'm taking celexa and zopiclone. I get extremely sleepy during the day, so I sleep 2-3 hours. At night I can sleep for a few hours then wake up in the middle of the night. I've tried not to sleep during the day. As a result, I go to bed earlier, but I still wake up only after 3-4 hours of sleep.

My doctor wants me to take Seroquel instead of zopiclone, and if that doesn't work, add zopiclone to Seroquel. I'm suppose to keep taking celexa.

At the same time, I do have various aches and pains, so sometimes I take Tylenol+codeine.

I think that as long as my doctor knows what meds I'm on, it's ok to take all these meds, but my family thinks that's too much. Who's right?

Helpful Tips

Suggestion of Nasal Pillow Masks
The best type of a CPAP mask to use is one which has nasal pillow instead of a mask which goes over the nose and above the upper lip. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center