Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Horribly rested on anything
An_255290 posted:
This has been hell to deal with because I am a student.
I fall asleep as soon as I hit the pillow, but have always had trouble getting up in the morning. There were many times where I had to ask people to call me in the morning. I remember having over 50 missed calls with my loud ringer and not waking up through the whole thing. It caused a lot of emotional problems in High School because although I was a really good student, I missed my first and second period class sometimes. My second period professor one year treated me badly because of it, causing me to cry in front of class various times.
There was one time in high school where I decided to pull an all nighter so that I could finish my work and I ended up hallucinating, pretty much scaring me out of ever pushing my body too far again. Most of the time I feel like I am choosing between my health and my education. This is not easy for me as no matter what I choose, I feel guilty and regretful.
When I do manage to get myself out of bed I am pretty much a zombie. I feel dizzy, have headaches, and can't focus without pushing my body further than it can handle.
I don't understand. People around me will say they slept four hours and function just fine.

Helpful Tips

Get a ZEO
I went to a sleep center & did 2 sleep studies. They diagnosed me with sleep apnea. I purchased a ZEO (at home PSG sleep monitor) and ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center