Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Jerking
An_255292 posted:
When I get ready for bed, my left arm starts to jerk and move like RLS. It takes forever to go away. This make me very upset. Deprives me of sleep.

atti_editor responded:
Hi and thank you for posting!

I am sorry that you are experiencing these symptoms and that it is affecting your day-to-day life. Getting a good night's rest is so important to your overall health and emotional wellbeing, so being sleep deprived can definitely throw your body off balance. It is possible that you do have RLS, but making an appointment to discuss your symptoms with your doctor is probably the best thing for you. He/she will hopefully be able to determine what is wrong and will suggest things you can do to help you sleep more soundly.

Here is an overview on RLS that I found -- you can read up on the signs and symptoms and see if your arm jerking matches them. You might also try some of these remedies for RLS in the time before you see your doctor.

Best wishes

-Atti

Helpful Tips

Restless Legs Syndrome
Anyone suffering from RLS or PLMD should research EXCITOTOXINS. Those are additives that some food companies put into foods, such as MSG, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center