Skip to content
Obstructive Sleep Apnea and its affects.
An_255734 posted:
I have acute obstructive sleep apnea. I had my Uvula removed along with tissue at the base of my tongue, and a hyoid suspension with no benefit. I now use a bi-pap machine, and that is having little benefit also. Lately I have been waking up with a constant ringing in my head that lasts all day and is sometimes accompanied by a killer headache. This along with being exhausted all the time makes it hard to function. Has anyone else had this problem? It's gotten so bad I have become depressed and Don't know how much longer I can live this way.

jingyao responded:
Hello
I think you should be positive and things will get better. Sleep apnea would indeed cause a lot of threat to your health both physcially and mentally. But it can be treated and you would get rid of it with the support from your families and friends

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

I am sorry that you are going through this. Morning headaches often accompany sleep apnea. If you are still experiencing these symptoms it might be a good idea to consult your doctor. There may need to be some adjustments or changes to your sleep apnea treatment regimen to reduce the occurrence of these headaches.

Best wishes,
Atti

jordy2 replied to atti_editor's response:
I have no idea what the problem might be but I could see where this would drive you absolutely insane. I feel for you, I love the suggestions from Atti because instead of just saying 'remain positive' it offers you some good suggestions on how to (possibly) make a difference. Please let us know how you are now.

Helpful Tips

Narcolepsy and nutrition
Hi all, I am a narcoleptic and also I have sleep apnea. I recently joined a program called optifast to lose weight, it is a program that is ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center