Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Provigil vs Nuvigil
visneaushaw posted:
My doctor started me out on Provigil - around 3:30 pm every day I'd be doing "headers" into my keyboard.....so, he switched me to Nuvigil because it came in a 250mg dose - perfect fit! Employer changed deductible amount on my insurance, so my co-pay went up. As Nuvigil hasn't been around long enough to get a generic, I asked my doctor to prescribe Provigil again, which he did. I got the generic but I must tell you, it's almost like not taking the meds at all. I'm sleepy all day (not to the point of nodding off in the morning, but any time after noon it's terrible!) I'm almost afraid to drive because of the narcolepsy (scared myself to death a few times before I was diagnosed). So, it's either deal with the Provigil's minimal advantages or go without, as I can't afford $60 every month for 30 pills. Highway robbery, yet they get away with it. Ahhh...corporate America and Big Brother.......they go hand-in-hand, and ain't it grand?

Helpful Tips

Narcolepsy and nutrition
Hi all, I am a narcoleptic and also I have sleep apnea. I recently joined a program called optifast to lose weight, it is a program that is ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center