Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
same problem
leslie89 posted:
I'm 24 i can sleep and sleep i love to sleep but it just seems im sleeping my life away i have no job because of this.my mom and grandmother try to wake me up but i doesn't work unless she keeps doing it and by then i am so annoyed and mad and it's an hour or later after i wanted to wake up. im litterly tired of not being able to wakeing up unless i sleep half of the day. alarm dont wake be up nothing does b/c im so use to the alarm. i can only wake myself up if like I'm excited about the next day like a holiday or a trip or something.i can sleep a whole day im a night owl i dont know if thats why i can't sleep at night or what idk I'm so tired of it. if any help available please share. i have a condition called adrenal insufficiency also known as Addison disease i am positive the medication is not doing this b/c Ive been on and off of i and there has been no change

Take the Poll

is there any help?
  • no
  • yes
  • idk
vote
View Poll Results

atti_editor responded:
Hi leslie89,

Chronic fatigue is listed as a symptom of Addison's Disease , so that might be contributing to your sleep problems. You might ask your doctor if this is a possibility and if there is anything you can do to lessen its effects on your sleep. Establishing a regular daily routine and sleep schedule is essential for functioning during the day. It sounds like your routine might not be very regular based on your night owl tendencies -- following some of the tips in this article could help you get back on track. And this article has some good tips to help you get a good night's sleep -- even though you are sleeping long hours, your sleep quality might not be too good and could be adding to your inability to wake up in the morning.

You also said that you are able to get up in the morning if you are excited about or looking forward to something. Finding a job, activity or hobby that gets you excited to wake up everyday might help make your mornings more enjoyable. You might also look for a job that has a later start time or more flexible hours if you find that staying up late is what works for your body.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis App
Hello! Found this App about hypnosis. Maybe this can help someone. There are different kinds of hypnosis programs: • Removing Blockades ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center