Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

same problem
    leslie89 posted:
    I'm 24 i can sleep and sleep i love to sleep but it just seems im sleeping my life away i have no job because of this.my mom and grandmother try to wake me up but i doesn't work unless she keeps doing it and by then i am so annoyed and mad and it's an hour or later after i wanted to wake up. im litterly tired of not being able to wakeing up unless i sleep half of the day. alarm dont wake be up nothing does b/c im so use to the alarm. i can only wake myself up if like I'm excited about the next day like a holiday or a trip or something.i can sleep a whole day im a night owl i dont know if thats why i can't sleep at night or what idk I'm so tired of it. if any help available please share. i have a condition called adrenal insufficiency also known as Addison disease i am positive the medication is not doing this b/c Ive been on and off of i and there has been no change

Take the Poll

is there any help?
    • no
    • yes
    • idk
    vote
    View Poll Results

atti_editor responded:
    Hi leslie89,

Chronic fatigue is listed as a symptom of Addison's Disease , so that might be contributing to your sleep problems. You might ask your doctor if this is a possibility and if there is anything you can do to lessen its effects on your sleep. Establishing a regular daily routine and sleep schedule is essential for functioning during the day. It sounds like your routine might not be very regular based on your night owl tendencies -- following some of the tips in this article could help you get back on track. And this article has some good tips to help you get a good night's sleep -- even though you are sleeping long hours, your sleep quality might not be too good and could be adding to your inability to wake up in the morning.

You also said that you are able to get up in the morning if you are excited about or looking forward to something. Finding a job, activity or hobby that gets you excited to wake up everyday might help make your mornings more enjoyable. You might also look for a job that has a later start time or more flexible hours if you find that staying up late is what works for your body.

Best wishes,
    Atti

Helpful Tips

sleep Disorders and sinuplasty
    Make no mistake this hurts bad..they make it sound like a walk in the park BS .I felt that needle in my nose, I almost choke on all the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center