Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

having sleeping episodes that are so hard to explain
    An_255862 posted:
    hi hoping some one as had this and as a name for it
    its a dificult thing to explain but i'll give it my best
    everytime i'm about to fall asleep(getting sleepy not getting into bed) or sleep for short periods of time say 20 30 minutes(because it wakes me up 'it' been the symptoms somebody wakes me up) i get a chock in my body sometimes it comes with presure in my nose or stuff ears and a weird sensation as if i'm loosing control also if a try to ignore it try to fall again asleep it gets worse does somebody have any idea

i've been diagnose with anxiety but i dont think whats happening to me as to do with that and it all started with a weird sensation as if i can breath correctly started in september still breathing sensation. been to a neumologist and said my lung where perfect hearts good to no thyroid problems various blood test done all negative.

also rebember that i had one week with out the breathing problem but when the night problem happend the breathing sensation came back

jordy2 responded:
    This may seem like a wild guess at first but have you ever been checked for sleep apnea? While I admit that not everything fits, some of the things that you describe certainly fit the bill and it might offer you a quick way to remedy your situation. If you have considered it before, let us know.

Helpful Tips

soothing sounds
    I find that when im having trouble sleeping a sound machine helps me get to sleep More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center