Skip to content
chronic insomnia
depotguy45 posted:
I have had insomnia for about the last 4 years to varying degrees but in the past 3-4 months is been unbearable. I can't take Ambien or Lunestra because I have been caught driving 3 times while on them not knowing and still not remembering I was driving. I average about 4- 5 hours of sleep a day split over 3-4 naps. I think it may be a new med that was added but I do not wish to give up the benefits from the medication. any advice?

atti_editor responded:
Hi depotguy45,

Your new medication could certainly be affecting your sleep. You might check with your doctor or the medication's label to see if this is a commonly reported side effect, or if another underlying problem could be making your insomnia worse. It might be that you need to change the time of day that you take the medication.

Here are some home treatment tips for dealing with insomnia -- the actionset titled Insomnia: Improving Your Sleep might be helpful.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis App
Hello! Found this App about hypnosis. Maybe this can help someone. There are different kinds of hypnosis programs: • Removing Blockades ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center