Can anyone try to explain what happened?
squihgly posted:
So, something bizarre happened last night and I was hoping someone could explain it. Anyway, I woke up to go to the bathroom and felt completely fine. Upon going to the bathroom I kept thinking these thoughts or dreams that I couldn't control. While they were normal thoughts they made me incredibly nauseous, to the point where I nearly threw up, almost blacked out (vision faded in and out heavily), arms grew numb, I started sweating profusely and I was white as a sheet when I stood up. No matter what I thought or did, I couldn't control the thoughts or dreams that were making me feel that way. Eventually putting my head between my knees helped. I guess I should also mention I tried to yell out for help but failed to do so, though I'm not sure if it was because I didn't want to wake others or because I physically couldn't.
Can anyone give me a reasoning behind this? It was the scariest, most bizarre 5-10 minutes of my life.

atti_editor responded:
Hi squihgly,

While we cannot give medical advice or diagnosis here, the symptoms you describe seem to match many of those related to panic attacks -- nausea, numbness, sweating, etc. Chronic stress or anxiety about something in your life can trigger a panic attack. Is there something that you were worried about prior to this episode? It may be possible that whatever you were dreaming about led to your panic as well. If this is a recurring thing, you may want to speak with your doctor about any treatment options, and you can check out the articles in our anxiety/panic center .

To be safe, you should be seen by a doctor to rule out any more serious conditions that may have caused these symptoms.

Best wishes,
Atti

plainenglish replied to atti_editor's response:
your attacks are lack of oxygen . you wake up from bad dreams ? can't breath ? feels like maybe a epileptic episode ?
next day feels like you didn't sleep at all falling a sleep ?
TERRIFYING ???? read i beat in this post i beat it want to share i feel so much better. at least try it

plainenglish responded:
er rite away ! STROKE