Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

ilovemylordjesus posted:
I went through a sleep study and diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea on 7/10/14. I have used the CPAP all night for 4 nights and still wake up feeling tired every morning. I still even take naps in the afternoon, because I feel very tired in the afternoon too. I thought I was going to wake feeling rested.
carmenh0812 responded:
I'm on my week two today, and am so tired I wake-up every morning with a headache dried mouth and I have very little sleep and to many very lucid dreams can't continue living like this.
atti_editor replied to carmenh0812's response:
Hi carmen0812,

It can take a little while for you to adjust to using your cpap and mild discomfort when you wake up in the morning is fairly common (i.e. the dry mouth that you describe -- excessive dreaming at the start of cpap use is also listed as a side effect). But since it has been 2 weeks since starting cpap and it doesn't seem to be getting any better, it may be a good idea to speak with your doctor. You may be able to try a different kind of mask, or your doctor may be able to make some adjustments to your machine to make your sleep more restful and the side effects you are experiencing less pronounced. This article has some good tips on how to relieve side effects that you might want to try. Please let us know how you are doing!

Helpful Tips

Cant wake up....
Hi, I have read through everyones, messages and I have same problems, When I do finally go to sleep no one can wake me, this has been going ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center