Skip to content
Apnea
ilovemylordjesus posted:
I went through a sleep study and diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea on 7/10/14. I have used the CPAP all night for 4 nights and still wake up feeling tired every morning. I still even take naps in the afternoon, because I feel very tired in the afternoon too. I thought I was going to wake feeling rested.

carmenh0812 responded:
I'm on my week two today, and am so tired I wake-up every morning with a headache dried mouth and I have very little sleep and to many very lucid dreams can't continue living like this.

atti_editor replied to carmenh0812's response:
Hi carmen0812,

It can take a little while for you to adjust to using your cpap and mild discomfort when you wake up in the morning is fairly common (i.e. the dry mouth that you describe -- excessive dreaming at the start of cpap use is also listed as a side effect). But since it has been 2 weeks since starting cpap and it doesn't seem to be getting any better, it may be a good idea to speak with your doctor. You may be able to try a different kind of mask, or your doctor may be able to make some adjustments to your machine to make your sleep more restful and the side effects you are experiencing less pronounced. This article has some good tips on how to relieve side effects that you might want to try. Please let us know how you are doing!

Helpful Tips

I love to sleep
I could sleep all day, but I work five jobs. I tried myself right out. my baby also loves to sleep. she let me sleep ad give me three to ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center