Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Total lack of sleep, agrypnia, NYC neurologist and / or geneticist, ASD, panic attacks, depression, anxiety, PTSD, rape victim, CNS disorder pathology,
    ridervictori posted:
    I need to find a doctor with a sincere laboratory interest in finding fatal insomnia in a patient. I want to find / rule out the worst case scenario. I have a history of hypersomnia and chronic fatigue, digestive, and motion disorders. I experience muscle spasms and so does my mother. She has petite mal epilepsy attributed to a volleyball head injury.

I am not on par with the social skills of intelligent women, but I can systemize group dynamics and decisions. My art is talented and magical. My danger to myself is idiosyncrasy. I have been pigeon holed into a bipolar disorder and ignored by Nassau Co. doctors who failed to treat my sleep disorder. I have had zero natural sleep in 12 days. I was I.v.'d with Atavan and I slept lightly, when I woke I was replenished. All my anxiety and depression feels uplifted and gone.

It's a shame is what was always said around me.

Take the Poll

Is fatal insomnia real?
    • Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • We always need proof
    • Opinions matter the most
    vote
    View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

soothing sounds
    I find that when im having trouble sleeping a sound machine helps me get to sleep More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center