Skip to content
Ambien - sleep apnea - insomnia
An_256475 posted:
I noticed an article in the New York Tines referring to another in the Journal of the AMA (JAMA) saying that there is way too much use of sleeping pills, especially with older people. Many NYT readers were put out with this,

saying seniors should have the same access to these drugs. For myself I tend to agree, only a day before seeing the article my current doctor said I would not be getting Ambien again (as I'd had it before from another doctor.). The doctor said the side effects are too dangerous, especially for seniors who live alone and might fall or have other problems with the drug.

I just had a sleep study to see if I can tolerate and benefit from a new CPAP and mask. I have a great amount of trouble falling asleep and was hoping for a good Anbien dose to help me go to sleep and not wake up ripping the mask off. I hope the CPAP works as I'm often falling a sleeping during the day and then having an even harder time sleeping at night. Often it takes an entire night's missed sleep to be able to sleep again..also, RLS and diabetic nerve damage to legs and feet make sleep harder.

I'd take the risk of side effects from Ambien if I could sleep much better.

buckie48192 responded:
Hi. Try taking half of a benedryl, the one with 25% dopamine in it. Don't take it every night as you'll get used to it n it won't keep working. And if you don't already take it, just start out with half of one. It will make you drowsy then go lay down.
I'm sure it will help as I've had sleep issues for 11 yrs.
Let me know how it goes. God bless you!

Jill from Michigan (buckie48192@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

I love to sleep
I could sleep all day, but I work five jobs. I tried myself right out. my baby also loves to sleep. she let me sleep ad give me three to ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center