Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Waking up between 3-4 a.m. every night
    jared531 posted:
    Hi. I have a newly occurring issue and it's really taking a toll on me so I need some help!

For some reason I am waking up at the same time every night, between the hours of 3 and 4 a.m., and I have no idea why. I go to bed around 12:30 =and am able to fall asleep without any issues, but then I only sleep for 3+, wake up, and then have trouble going back to sleep and can only get another 3 on top of that. The combination of 3 and 3 does not feel good at all, and I've had this happen 4 nights in a row now. Additionally, this happened 3 nights in a row a few weeks ago.

I tried to take Advil PM last night but it didn't fix this issue and I'm running out of ideas. The temperature in my room is fine. I've tried sleeping above and below the blanket, with a different blanket, with just the AC, with AC + fan, etc. No matter what I do though, I wake up at this odd hour like clockwork.

As a side note, I have sleep apnea but I've worn the CPAP machine for a few years now and it's never bothered me. The stats on the machine indicate that it is working well as usual.

I'm heading to my doctor today but if anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it. Thank you.

~ Jared

mariajohnson responded:
    Well if you are suffering from sleep apnea then you should also know that which type of sleep apnea you're suffering from. And then you should go for its treatment.

jared531 replied to mariajohnson's response:
    Well the CPAP machine fixes the sleep apnea. I don't think the apnea is causing the insomnia because I've worn it for a while now and never had any issues.

Helpful Tips

sleep Disorders and sinuplasty
    Make no mistake this hurts bad..they make it sound like a walk in the park BS .I felt that needle in my nose, I almost choke on all the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center