Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
does Melatonin really work?
whatjustaskme posted:
Hello i have been reading up on this product i have heard alot of good things about it I dont sleep well when i finally do get to sleep with tylonal pms and working out you would think i would be really dog tired right ? well no im tired but not enough to go to sleep :crying: and i have to go to work and and function correctly :) so do you have suggestions about the meltonin oh and here are 2 brands source natural melatonin peppermint 2.5mg and natrol melatonin time release

AllMe3 responded:
I find peppermint to be stimulating and not relaxing.. I would check at the healthfood store for pure melatonin tabs.. sublingual works faster... it doesn't make you sleepy like a sleeping pill or narcotic... it just settles you down enought that when you close your eyes you can drift off... Good Luck

Helpful Tips

take meds at the same time each day and don't eat after 7 pm
Hello. My prayers are with you. I have had RA for over 24 years, and dealing with pain and sleeplessness is sometimes a big challenge. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center