Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

CHANTIX NOT COVERED?
    CDFFIREMEDIC; posted:
    Why is this not covered...Seems like the $135 a month is a lot cheaper than the long term treatment for Heart Diseas, cancer...etc. Any suggestions??

alexisgranny responded:
    aetna didnt cover it at first but my doctor called them and told them i had to have it and they went ahead and covered it.

hnancy902 responded:
    I claimed mine under my FSA plan at work. BCBS GA doesn't pay for it either!

justinian1978 responded:
    I work for a health insurance company, and they generally don't cover Chantix. It's because it's not considered a life-sustaining medication, plus it's relatively new. In a few years, I'm sure more companies will start covering it.

redhotpoker responded:
    My Anthem plan allows for a 50.00 co-pay, I quit w/Chantix in 3 days...Im on day 96 w/o even a craving. This is a miracle drug.

lisaanns replied to alexisgranny's response:
    just wondering what your chandix co-pay was with aetna

Helpful Tips

What might work for those who have tried everything?Expert
    Many smokers feel they have already tried everything…..cold turkey, hypnosis, patches, acupuncture…..but still find they are smoking ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    22 of 25 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.