Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sleeping problems after quitting
wings9130 posted:
I had smoked about half a pack a day for 6 years. I quit smoking 4 months ago. I was getting dizzy and would get headaches after each cigarette. I feel like I became sensitive to the nicotine. When I first quit I slept a lot for about 2 weeks. After this the real problems began. I used to sleep about 8-9 hours a night my whole life. Now if sleep even 8.5 hours I get so dizzy and get that dirty feeling of sleeping too much and cant function. If i sleep less than 8 hours I feel tired all day. I am in a constant state of being tired from undersleeping or dizzy from oversleeping. Has anyone else had any similar symptoms and could maybe help me out. I am 28. Thanks.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.